Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Dream of The Watchman's Call


I awoke from a terrible nightmare. It was close to midnight in my dream and I found myself standing in a large gymnasium. It truly was massive because I looked all around me and up into the bleachers noticing that every seat was filled. I tried to see where the bleachers ended but I could not see the top. The crowd was innumerable and far past my ability to count.

Walking around on the gym floor was also hard to do because the crowd there was also very numerous. I made my way out of the gym and found myself having entered into another part of the building. As I continued, I quickly found myself coming into a smaller room and simply finding more people just doing the norm of life. A man came up to me and asked me a question. I gave a quick and concise answer; not knowing what to say I made my way into the hallway.

As I shut the door behind me I turned left and focused my attention on the hallway I was heading down. It was getting darker and darker and eventually I came to a prison door. It wasn't a barred door, but it was a solid metal door with a barred eye level window that you could easily shut from my side. It looked as if it was a holding cell for someone. Obviously curiosity got the best of me.

I opened the door and walked in. I saw two black figures standing to my left. I turned to look in front of me and I saw fire shooting forth from the walls and the floors and out of the flames I saw this horrific monster beast-like creature run towards me with the fiercest look in its eyes, but it was halted by a collar around its neck which was chained up to something.

I instantly knew that all this beast wanted to do was to destroy all life. I had this heart-wrenching feeling deep down that told me this thing was about to be released on a rampage and kill everyone in this entire building and beyond. This beast was pulling on the chain so hard and it looked as if whoever was holding the chain and keeping the beast held down was ever so slightly allowing the beast to have a little more wiggle room. Whoever was holding this monster down was loosening their grip on the chain and not holding as tightly as before.

I knew in my heart that this was not going to last much longer. This animal was about to be let loose. I saw it tear through metal bars like they were paper so I quickly ran out of the room with fear gripping me. Shivers ran down my spine and I felt sick to my stomach. I ran back into the smaller room that I was in before and my dream immediately switched to third person. I was watching everything that I was doing and I could feel everything that I was going through. I looked at each individual in the room and I realized that they had no idea what was about to happen to them.

I had an innate knowledge of the death and destruction that was about to occur for each one of their lives, but I became nervous and talked myself out of telling them what was about to take place. As I was watching myself walk out of that room my heart was pounding from my chest. I could feel it breaking. As I kept watching in third person, I saw myself enter back into the gymnasium where there were myriads of people. I was thinking that this would be a golden opportunity to tell everyone what I knew to be true. I thought, "OK, so I failed to tell the first time, but this time will be different." But I panicked, talked myself out of it and instead of trying to save their lives I went up to the guy that I rode with and asked him for the keys. I went to sit in the car and to wait hoping that I would be saved from the wrath to come.
"Now as for you, son of man, I have appointed you a watchman for the house of Israel; so you will hear a message from My mouth and give them warning from Me. When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require from your hand. But if you on your part warn a wicked man to turn from his way and he does not turn from his way, he will die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your life." - Ezekiel 33:7-9
The context of this passage is God talking to Ezekiel. Ezekiel was specifically chosen to be a watchman for the house of Israel, but the application applies to us. We as the Church have a moral responsibility to warn them that are perishing. So on that day when we stand before the Most High God as our Judge and preview our lives together, are we going to be watching ourselves in the third person pass up opportunities to share the Gospel and selfishly keep and hold onto it for ourselves by refusing to tell others? Don't we want to live intentionally for the Gospel as Paul and the other apostles did? Because in all seriousness, how much do you and I have to hate someone to not tell them about Christ!?

As Christians, we have an innate knowledge of the wrath that is coming upon this world and upon each and every person that refuses Christ's free gift of salvation. I pray that God will raise up a church that is willing to fight for what they believe. We are not called to be passive, stagnant, or even lazy Christians. We are called to be watchman! This is my dream of the Watchman's Call!

Conclusion


I awoke from this dream with fear and trembling. I spent some time in prayer and in God's Word and determined in my heart that I was going to go downtown to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to anybody that God put in my way. As I was walking from my dorm room ready to go, a good friend of mine, David, stopped me and told me about a dream that he had of me that same night. This is what he said:
"I was in a motorcycle accident and you [Cameron] were the one who was saving my life. You brought me all of the medical treatment that I needed."
Now this could be a coincidence or it could be divine in nature. The dream I had motivated me to go and hearing David's dream encouraged me to follow through. It gave me the confidence that I was not going alone, but that God was with me every step of the way. God met me where I was at and He used these dreams to push me forward towards Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment