Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Prayers of the Sleeper

"For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another." - Romans 12:4
In the verse above, the apostle Paul makes a connection between the spiritual body of Christ and our natural human body. But let me ask you...what does this mean?

When we think about our human body, what comes to mind? Two arms, two legs, thirty-two teeth, eight fingers and two thumbs, bones and ligaments, muscles and joints, etc. All of these things are true, but what else is true?

The human body is so complex, that if a piece of it becomes damaged, the infected area will send nerve signals to the brain and then at an almost instant reaction, white blood-cells will soar to the rescue.

So I pose the question...if the natural body is even more complex than we could ever imagine, then is it possible that the same is even more true for the spiritual body?

This past Sunday morning I awoke from a dream. In my dream I was told that there was a young man named Mike who was considering attending a Bible school this coming Fall semester. I can still visualize him in my mind.

I do not know him. I have never seen this man before, yet somehow I felt a very strong, deep, and powerful connection between the two of us.

I went up to him and placed my left hand firmly upon his right shoulder. My goal was to encourage him in this decision and to pray for him...and that is exactly what I did.

But can I say something crazy?

I prayed as if I was fully awake and refreshed. I had freedom in what I said. Nothing I did seemed forced upon by a dream, but it all seemed like it was happening in real time.

So here are the questions:

Is it possible that there is a fellow named Mike who is considering attending a Bible school this coming Fall semester, and would it have been possible that I was blessed with the opportunity to pray for him even as I slept?

Is it possible, that in the same way nerve cells rush through the human body with an SOS message to the brain requesting reinforcements, that this was a type of nerve rush through the spiritual body of Christ?

Is it possible that God somehow flipped a trigger switch in my brain in allowing and prompting me to pray for a fellow brother in the Lord Jesus Christ whom I have never met?

I am not dogmatically saying this is real, I am just wondering if there is a deeper connection in the spiritual body than we have ever before realized? The truth is, this has happened to me before. And whether this was just a dream or in fact a God-ordained divine appointment, to God be the glory!

This is the prayer of the sleeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment