Monday, June 27, 2016

The Kings of Israel and Judah

Have you ever turned to the beginning of, oh I don't know, let's just say Isaiah, and began reading verse one which says:
"The vision of Isaiah son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah."
I remember a time before Bible college when I would read a list like this and instantly be lost in confusion. Even today I find that because I have a very limited understanding of the Old Testament, passages like this one can often leave me scratching my head because I find it difficult to see these individuals in my mind and struggle to put them within their appropriate time and place.

This is where I become a visual learner and find charts and outlines to be very helpful for me as I seek to study God's Word.

The list I am giving to you was given to me by one of my teachers at Bible school. Dave Hodgdon opened up the Old Testament for me and excited my passion to understand the heartbeat of God through the pages of Genesis - Malachi with greater clarity. This is only a one-page document out of years that he invested into my life, but I pray that God will use this list of the kings to better equip all of us, His saints, for the work of ministry.

May it be used to bless Christ's body as we seek to spend our lives on knowing God and His Word as much as possible!

To view the downloadable version, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment